About this Session
In this session you will learn how to make you research have an impact on policy and practice. We will discuss research utilization, economic analysis, and other strategies for influencing decision-makers.
Preparing for Class
- Canoutas, E., Hart, L., & Zan, T. (2012). Eight Strategies for Research to Practice. FHI360.
- Tilley, H., Shaxson, L., Young, J., Rea, J., & Ball, L. (2017). 10 Things to Know About How to Influence Policy with Research. ODI.
- Baumgartner, JN et al. (2017). Economic impact: Finding the right analysis for your evaluation needs. The Social Entrepreneurship Accelerator at Duke (SEAD), Duke Global Health Institute Evidence Lab.
- Review ROMA: a guide to policy engagement and policy influence
- Review the application activity that we will complete in class
- Pre-class readiness assessment
Posted here after class